The thought of having Hines Ward back was appealing to the Steelers and their fans throughout the week, but it’s not going to happen Sunday, as Ward will sit vs the Seahawks on Sunday. Ward hurt his knee two weeks ago in a win over the 49’ers and didn’t play in the teams first loss of the season, a 21-14 setback to the Cardinals Sunday. He will miss just the fourth game of his 10-year NFL career. The Steelers relied heavily this past week on second-year wide out Santoino Holmes, and he came though with two TD grabs, but the rest of the unit seemed out of sync and they will need to play better Sunday against the team they bested in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.
Despite coach Mike Tomlin stating that both Casey Hampton and Troy Polamalu would both be back Sunday, neither has seen the practice field this week, leading many to think they will sit Sunday as well. Hamtpon has a hamstring injury, while Polamalu is suffering from a rib injury. Both those injuries kept them out of much of Sunday’s loss to the Cards. Tomlin said Friday that Polamalu might play, and Hampton said he would be a game-time decision.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on