As free agency gets closer, the Steelers are reportedly eyeing a player that might be able to help their secondary in 2008. The Dayton Daily News is reporting that the Steelers may be taking a hard look at Bengals FS Madieu Williams. The 26-year-old has been with Cincy for four seasons, joining them after being drafted in the second round of the 2004 draft. Williams is set to become an unrestricted free agent when the free agency signing period begins in late this month.
Last season Williams had 74 tackles, one forced fumble, and two picks. The paper reports that Williams drew great reviews from a top Steeler scout during the 04 draft and the interest is believed to still be there, as the team needs secondary help as they get set for free agency and the draft. Williams is 6-foot-1 and weighs in at 203 pounds. He has played in 49 career games, has nine picks and one TD.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on