With free agency starting at the end of the week, the Steelers may have their sights set on a division foes free agent. Today’s Dayton Daily News is reporting that the Black and Gold may have interest in Bengals DE Justin Smith. It’s the third team to have reported interest in Smith, the other two being the 49’ers and Buccaneers. The paper reports though that there might be some other AFC North competition for Smith, as they say the Browns also have their eyes on the DE. The Bengals could have franchised Smith last week, but instead gave the tag to O-lineman Stacey Andrews. Smith has been consistent with the Bengals, and the former #1 draft pick is going to get plenty of interest once he hits the open market at the end of the week.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on