From Johns Clayton’s ESPN blog earlier today: It’s going to be extremely hard for the Steelers’ ownership reorganization to be wrapped up in a month even though there is a good chance Pittsburgh billionaire Stanley Druckenmiller will buy into the franchise. Druckenmiller is the lone outside bidder so he holds the cards. Still, the problem is coming up with a resolution that keeps Dan Rooney and his son, Art, in control of the team. Druckenmiller, who is worth more than $3 billion, is trying to get a majority share of the team’s stock, but he also wants the Rooneys to continue to run the team. Dan is trying to get one or two of his five brothers to stay with him in the football operation so that the ownership share exceeds 30 percent. August will likely be the earliest the sale will be figured out.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on