From: Pro Football Weekly
Steelers observers will be keeping an eye on the number of reps that second-year ILB Lawrence Timmons will be getting with the first-team defense in training camp. It has been widely assumed that Timmons will likely push Larry Foote out of the starting lineup, but as a source close to the club notes, Foote got most of the snaps with the first-team base defense in the summer. Timmons, the Steelers’ first-round pick in 2007, is all but assured of having an expanded role in passing situations this season, but it’s no sure thing that he’ll take the bulk of the snaps in the base “D.” Timmons has better speed than Foote, but the latter has a reputation as a strong run stuffer — and has a significant edge in experience. In short, don’t be surprised if there’s room for both players to have key roles in the defense.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on