Look for backup QB Byron Leftwich to get most of the snaps Thursday night when the Steelers play their final preseason game vs the Panthers at home. The team needs to continue to check out Leftwich, mostly since they still don’t know how much longer former back Charlie Batch will be out with his broken collarbone.
The team will for sure keep fifth-round pick Dennis Dixon, so if Batch can get back, would the team keep four QB’s on the roster? “We will cross that bridge after this performance,” coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. “I think we have to gather all the information based on the quality of play and the health of Charlie, in terms of what direction we will go. We will hold our cards until necessary.”
As far as the starters, Ben Roethlisberger and the rest of the offensive and defensive starters, including Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, will play about a quarter, but no longer.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on