Look for backup QB Byron Leftwich to get most of the snaps Thursday night when the Steelers play their final preseason game vs the Panthers at home. The team needs to continue to check out Leftwich, mostly since they still don’t know how much longer former back Charlie Batch will be out with his broken collarbone.
The team will for sure keep fifth-round pick Dennis Dixon, so if Batch can get back, would the team keep four QB’s on the roster? “We will cross that bridge after this performance,” coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. “I think we have to gather all the information based on the quality of play and the health of Charlie, in terms of what direction we will go. We will hold our cards until necessary.”
As far as the starters, Ben Roethlisberger and the rest of the offensive and defensive starters, including Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, will play about a quarter, but no longer.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on