For the second game in a row kicker Jeff Reed drilled a 43 yard field goal on the last play of the game and was the largest offensive force as the Steelers closed out the pre-season with a 19-16 win over the Carolina Panthers at Heinz Field. Reed was 4 of 5 on the night hitting three pointers from 41, 49, 41 and 43 yards on the evening. The other Steeler score came in the first quarter on a six yard Carey Davis touchdown run.
Rashard Mendenhall carried the ball 17 times for the Steelers for 73 yards, but fumbled yet again in the first quarter in Steeler territory. Third string quarterback Dennis Dixon led the Steelers on the final drive that set up Reed’s game winning field goal. The Steelers start playing for keeps next Sunday against the Houston Texans.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on