Now that the Steelers have placed quarterback Charlie Batch on Injured Reserve and ended his season, the coaching staff is said to be mulling another surprise in the lineup. The club is said to be considering a plan that would designate Byron Leftwich as their third string “emergency” quarterback to open the season and designate Dennis Dixon as the backup for Ben Roethlisberger. The team could then use Dixon in some running situations during the game without being forced by a technicality in NFL rules to bench Roethlisberger for the rest of the game.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on