Now that the Steelers have placed quarterback Charlie Batch on Injured Reserve and ended his season, the coaching staff is said to be mulling another surprise in the lineup. The club is said to be considering a plan that would designate Byron Leftwich as their third string “emergency” quarterback to open the season and designate Dennis Dixon as the backup for Ben Roethlisberger. The team could then use Dixon in some running situations during the game without being forced by a technicality in NFL rules to bench Roethlisberger for the rest of the game.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on