Well, if the Steelers do somehow lose to the Ravens on Monday night – you may just have to put some of the blame on firing the Ravens up on Steelers rookie RB Rashard Mendenhall. Story is that Mendenhall, who will be the feature back for the injured Willie Parker Monday night, did a little trash talking with pal Ray Rice of the Ravens.
Rice, wanting to be buddy-buddy with his teammates, turned the message, which basically said that Mendenhall would have a big game vs Baltimore, over to the Ravens defense. As you can bet – game on. “He said later that he was just joking, but it’s too late,” Ravens linebacker Bart Scott said. “Thanks for the bulletin-board material, rookie.”
The Ravens haven’t allowed a 100-yard rusher in 21 straight games, the longest active streak in the league. Baltimore has given up an average of just 161.5 yards through its first two games. Rashard should have simply let his feet do the talking Monday night – now he’ll have to deal with an upset Ravens team that smells blood with the amount of injured Steelers that will watch the game from the sidelines.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on