Well, if the Steelers do somehow lose to the Ravens on Monday night – you may just have to put some of the blame on firing the Ravens up on Steelers rookie RB Rashard Mendenhall. Story is that Mendenhall, who will be the feature back for the injured Willie Parker Monday night, did a little trash talking with pal Ray Rice of the Ravens.
Rice, wanting to be buddy-buddy with his teammates, turned the message, which basically said that Mendenhall would have a big game vs Baltimore, over to the Ravens defense. As you can bet – game on. “He said later that he was just joking, but it’s too late,” Ravens linebacker Bart Scott said. “Thanks for the bulletin-board material, rookie.”
The Ravens haven’t allowed a 100-yard rusher in 21 straight games, the longest active streak in the league. Baltimore has given up an average of just 161.5 yards through its first two games. Rashard should have simply let his feet do the talking Monday night – now he’ll have to deal with an upset Ravens team that smells blood with the amount of injured Steelers that will watch the game from the sidelines.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on