The Steelers are going to have to throw the ball to beat the Ravens, and they will have somewhat of an edge in that area as Ravens CB Samari Rolle will miss the game with a shoulder and neck injury. The team has ruled him out for the contest, as he will join strong safety Dawan Landry and nose tackle Kelly Gregg on the sidelines.
Another injury that could hurt the Ravens D is that of nickel back Fabian Washington, who is probable with a neck injury. It looks right now as if either Corey Ivy or Frank Walker would take the place of Washington. “Corey Ivy and Frank Walker have done an outstanding job,” defensive coordinator Rex Ryan said. “So we’re confident if Samari can’t go, in goes those two guys. Fabian’s progressing. That would be great to get him back also. That would be a bonus.”
The Steelers are without Willie Parker, so they are going to have to attack through the air if they want to get a win. While the offensive line is a mess right now, the Ravens secondary is going to be somewhat weak, so look for Ben Roethlisberger to try and attack players like Ivy and Walker with quick routes and the once in awhile long ball to try and spread the defense. Also look for Heath Miller, who has 9 catches in three games, to be more involved in the passing game as well.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on