As far as the MASH unit that is becoming the Steelers backfield, there is help on the way. After losing rookie Rashard Mendenhall to a fractured shoulder on Monday night, the team today brought back former back Najeh Davenport. The team also will sign another back, and all indications are that will be Gary Russell, who was released last week.
Davenport took over as the teams feature back last season after Willie Parker broke his leg in week 16 vs the Rams. The team was basically not near where it was once Parker went down. After Davenport had a decent game vs the Rams, he was ineffective in the playoff loss to the Jags.
It looks as if Davenport could see some playing time on Sunday in J-Ville, as Parker is going to for sure be out again this week with his sprained knee. The team placed Mendenhall (fractured shoulder) and guard Kendall Simmons (ruptured Achilles) on injured reserve.
The team released Davenport in June, and he wanted to go to either the Lions or Cardinals, but neither team showed much interest in him. Now he’ll get another shot with the Steelers, and could be vaulable as they are going to need help rushing the football till Parker can get back on the field.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on