The Steelers continue to get ready for the Cowboys on Sunday, but today they got a big scare in practice when Ben Roethlisberger went down with a knee injury. Sources say that Big Ben slipped on some mud during the afternoon practice, and did not finish the session, instead giving way to Byron Leftwich.
Ben himself said that he does not think the knee is that hurt, but at the same time, did not finish the practice. The team did not update his condition, and it’s not known if he will practice on Thursday or Friday. There are others that didn’t take part in the practice today:
DE Brett Keisel (knee), DE Travis Kirschke (back), RB Willie Parker (knee, shoulder), S Troy Polamalu (calf), DE Aaron Smith (knee), T Marvel Smith (back), CB Deshea Townsend (not injury related), WR Hines Ward (not injury related).
On a good note, Bryant McFadden did practice, and he is expected to practice the rest of the week and play on Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on