Good news on the South Side today, as it looks as if the question of who is going to own the Steelers long-term is almost done, as Dan Rooney and his son appear ready to come to terms to take over the club – for good.
“Our thoughts now are to move everything forward and try to get this agreement worked out,” Rooney said this afternoon. “I think this was a step in the right direction. By no means is this finished, and we’re still doing that. So there’s still not a whole lot to say.”
The Post-Gazette is reporting that four of the five brothers met at Heinz Field today at their annual year-end board meeting of stockholders, and went over details of the restructuring plan. Nothing was decided at the meeting.
Dan Rooney did tell the paper that he thinks the deal still might be presented for a vote at the NFL owners meeting on December 17th in Dallas. First, the league finance committee must recommend the ownership restructuring at its meeting, which was moved from Wednesday to next Monday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on