I was one of many that cringed in the Heniz Field press box late on Sunday when Nate Washington got twisted like a pretzel near the end of the game. The injury came as the Steelers were frantically trying to tie the game up, and Nate made a great catch and fought for extra yards before his ankle and knee went underneath him and looked to almost tear in half.
Washington laid in a heap for several minutes, but to the plesant surprise of the crowd he jumped up and jogged off the field. That’s one tough wide out. “I don’t know how Nate got up from that deal,” coach Mike Tomlin said.
Nate deserves credit for a game well played, as he had four catches for 58 yards, and was the spark the team needed in the passing game to get back in the game down 13-3. He’s been there during parts of the season when Ben Roethlisberger and company needs a big play.
Washington has earned his due, and his play Sunday should be remembered as the team continues their push to the playoffs.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on