Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is none to happy about Willie Parker’s Wednesday comments that the team is not running the ball enough. He spoke out about what Parker said in today’s Post Gazette. “The issue for us has been, is and hopefully will continue to be winning — that’s my interpretation of Steelers football,” Tomlin said. “Every morning I come to work I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning.”
Tomlin told the players, including Parker, about his thoughts in a team meeting, and it’s a good thing he did. The team is 10-3, have by far their biggest game of the season on Sunday, and Parker should not be rocking the boat with stupid talk about running the ball more.
If the team is winning throwing – then throw the ball. Parker has been nicked up enough this season that he should simply keep his mouth shut and play ball. If he does that, he might just have the shot at another 75-yard run in the Super Bowl in February.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on