One of the most interesting things to take place late in the Steelers gutsy 13-9 win in Baltimore was the fact that kicker Jeff Reed got himself a penalty after the winning TD for unsportsmanlike conduct. Why? Well, there are some rumblings that Reed pushed Ravens safety Ed Reed (which is why he got the penalty) because he saw him spit in punter and holder Mitch Berger’s face.
The report came out on ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, in the locker room after the game. The push resulted in a 15 yard penalty, but in the end it didn’t matter as William Gay picked off Joe Flacco to seal the win. If in fact Reed, or any other Raven, spit in Berger’s face, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit, as they are known as a bunch of hot-heads that get over emotional when things don’t go their way.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on