We’ve already talked about WR Nate Washington and the chance of him leaving the Black and Gold this offseason. Now Sports Illustrated is throwing it out there that the Steelers 3rd Wide Out probably won’t be back in 2009. Don’t forget if Washington does leave, the team will likely give that 3rd wide out spot to last seasons second-round pick Limas Sweed. Here is the report from Sports Illustrated on the chance of Washington leaving the team:
Wide receiver Nate Washington had a very nice year for Pittsburgh and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians considers him a valuable piece of the puzzle. But the Steelers aren’t likely to overvalue him, and if another team comes after him with sizable dollars, Pittsburgh will probably be prepared to thank him for his service and bid him adieu.
At this point with who else has to get taken care of, I tend to agree, Washington has played his last game in a Steelers uniform.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on