There’s already a lot of talk starting about the 2009 season, and one player that may have played his last game in Black and Gold is inside linebacker Larry Foote. The former Michigan LB has a year left on his deal, but likely will get replaced in the starting lineup by former first-round pick Lawrence Timmons, who was pushing him for playing time at the end of the year.
Foote is due to make $2,885,000, in 09, which isn’t bad for a starter, but too much if he’s not going to be the starter. The team is going to need every penny for their free agents, any other free agents they may want, plus their draft picks. One guy sure to get a new deal is NFL Defensive MVP James Harrison. As far as Foote goes, the Post-Gazette says that he won’t accept a pay cut, meaning he’ll probably be somewhere else in 09.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on