You could clearly tell that Hines Ward was not 100 percent during Sunday’s Super Bowl win over the Cardinals, and now there is word that #86 may have to have knee surgery during this offseason. Hines has a sprained right knee suffered during the AFC Title game vs the Ravens. Here is the report on Ward from today’s Tribune Review:
Hines Ward said he may need surgery after playing in Super Bowl XLIII with a sprained right knee. “We’ll have to see and re-evaluate it,” Ward said, “because I don’t know if I hurt it (more).” Ward caught two passes for 43 yards in the Steelers 27-23 win and afterwards the pain in his knee was the last thing on his mind. He teared up as he talked about winning a second Super Bowl in four years for the Rooney family.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on