The Steelers wrapped up their final practice before Super Bowl XLIII on Friday afternoon, and the conditions were a bit chilly for the one hour, 50 minute session. Coach Mike Tomlin said that the team is healthy and ready to go, and all 53 players took the field for the team, including WR Hines Ward, who was in question with his sprained knee.
The team will finish the week with a short walk through on Saturday at 10am at the USF practice field. The team will then move from their current location to a private lodging spot on Saturday night to make sure they are left alone and allowed to have good night’s rest before the big game.
“I feel great about our preparation,” coach Mike Tomlin said at the close of practice. “Of course, you evaluate your preparation by your performanc e in the game, but I think the guys understand everything they have to do entering the game.”
The teams first-team offense and defense worked on third-and-short, goal-line, red-zone and nickel situations. Byron Leftwich played the role of Cards QB Kurt Warner, and put extra air under his long balls like Warner does.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on