They’re the teams that Steelers fans have grown to hate over the years. When you see these teams on the schedule, your blood starts to boil just a little bit more, and you start counting the days till those games. Why of course it’s the rivals of the Steelers that we’re talking about, and here we go with the teams top 10 all-time rivals. Today we start with number 10:
10. Philadelphia Eagles – These two inter-state foes have met a whopping 76 times, dating all the way back to an Eagles 25-6 win in 1933. Starting in 1934, they played each other two times per season (minus the 1954 season), all the way up to the 1967 season. While it was never a rivalry that saw them ever play each other in a playoff game or Super Bowl for that matter, the fans probably get more from seeing the two teams play each other than the teams do. The Eagles have beaten the Steelers recently in three of the last four meetings, and the Steelers have not won a game in Philly dating back to the 1965 season. That streak stayed alive for Philly with a 15-6 win on September 21st, 2008 in the city of Brotherly Love.
Check Back Tomorrow for #9
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on