Free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich is going to have an interesting decision to make when it comes to going back to the Steelers in 2009. The team wants him back, and Leftwich acknowledged that playing under Mike Tomlin was the best experience of his football career, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
As a result of his great season and now Super Bowl ring, Leftwich says that he would seriously consider re-signing with the team. He does still expect to meet with other teams this offseason since he would prefer to be a starter, and there are likely some teams out there that will make him a substantially better offer.
Now it’s going to be up to Leftwich to decide – do you stay with the Steelers as a backup and maybe collect another ring? Or do you go to a team like the Lions or a team that is not nearly as good, with the opportunity to possibly be a starter? A tough decision to make, and one that the Steelers hope he’ll make to stay with the team.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on