There has been a lot of talk over the last 24 hours in Steeler Country about a report on Examiner that says the Steelers are in the mix for Bills WR Roscoe Parrish, who is on the trading block by the club for some unknown reason.
First off, I’m not buying the report. While the Steelers could use a player like Parrish, the “source” of the report is flaky at best, so be careful what and how you listen to in that regard.
Parrish would be a welcome sight to Pittsburgh, as he can return punts (16.3-yard average in 2007 and a 15.3-yard average in 2008), and also is a player you want to get the ball at least 3-4 times per game just to see what he can do.
But also know that the Steelers are not fond of just throwing out draft picks, which is what it would take to get Parrish. Those that have picked up the story and run with it like it’s going to happen, say that the Steelers would have to give up a 3 or a 4 for Parrish.
Be careful who you believe. I don’t think this story has legs. Let’s see how it plays out, but in the end, I think this story is a lot to do about nothing.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on