Linebacker James Harrison’s name has been in the news a lot lately with the whole White House fiasco, but Friday there was some real disturbing news in regard to Harrison’s two-year-old son. Reports today state that Harrison’s pit bull bit his son in the thigh, but the boy is expected to recover though he remained hospitalized the rest of the day, the player’s agent said.
The agent, William Parise, told the AP that James III was bit after his mother let the dog out of its pen Thursday afternoon. Parise wouldn’t identify the woman, but said she and Harrison’s massage therapist also were hurt trying to help the boy. The massage therapist needed three stitches,Parise said.
Parise said the boy’s injuries were “serious but certainly not life-threatening. I think any time a child is injured and requires hospitalization, it’s a serious thing. I know James was very concerned about his son.”
The dog was removed by an animal control agency.
Sorry to say this, and I love dogs, but pit bulls are something that I don’t ever have a desire to deal with. I know that professionalathletes probably are more prone to having them for protection, but I think personally I would find another way to protect my family than having a dog that can create some problems.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on