The Steelers have done a nice job this offseason getting some veteran players inked, such as Hines Ward and James Harrison, and now they may be on the verge of getting another veteran signed to a deal. Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network says the club is in talks with safety Ryan Clark about an extension on his current deal.
Clark, who is a solid vet in and out of the locker room, played in 14 games last season with 52 tackles and one interception. The report says that Clark and the team both would like to get a deal signed before the start of training camp. Clark will be 30 this October, and for sure has a couple good seasons left and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him ink a 3-4 year deal.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on