Two big name starters are entering the final year of their deals for the Steelers – NT Casey Hampton and Safety Ryan Clark. Both are favorites of Dick LeBeau, but so far there’s been nothing to report about a new deal for either of them.
“I don’t really worry about that kind of stuff, I just play,” Hampton said. “If they ain’t got none, they ain’t got none, what do you want me to do? I can’t do nothing about it. I got no control of it.
“You never know what’s going to happen, but we’ll see. I’m not worried about it. I want to be here, I’d love to be here, but, if not, it’s a business, and whatever happens is going to happen.”
Said Clark, “There’s nothing I really can have any control over. I’m not used to being taken care of, I’m not used to being the guy they care enough about to get it done, so it’s not painful to me.
“You look at it like, OK, this may be your last year with this team, these guys, so you cherish it and have a good time.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on