The Steelers have already gotten their roster down to the league mandated 53 players, but as of now, they are not saying which players did or did not make the final roster. Coach Mike Tomlin said he didn’t want other teams to know who the Steelers released, this despite a couple of names being somewhat obvious based on their lack of playing time in the final preseason game.
Among those expected to be looking for work after tomorrow are fullback Carey Davis, who didn’t play vs the Panthers Thursday, former Penn State center A.Q. Shipley, a seventh-round pick, and linebacker Bruce Davis, a third-round draft pick last year. Davis started 11 games the last two seasons.
One report from the AP says that a possible reason the team may be hiding the cuts is so they can try and push running back Isaac Redman from the active roster to the practice squad. Redman was the star of camp and scored three of the Steelers’ five touchdowns rushing during the preseason.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on