Seems that the celebration for beating the Browns last night lasted well in the night, as kicker Jeff Reed was cited for public intoxication:
Pittsburgh police arrested Steelers kicker Jeff Reed last night after he tried to come to the aid of a teammate being cited for urinating in public, Sgt. Tina Davidson said.
Police responded to an unrelated incident at McFadden’s, a North Shore bar and restaurant across a parking lot from Heinz Field, around 9 p.m., Davidson said. While there, officers spotted a man urinating outside a white sport utility vehicle and began to give the man — identified as Steelers tight end Matt Spaeth — a ticket when Reed exited the vehicle, Davidson said.
“The officers told him several times to get back in the vehicle, but he did not listen,” Davidson said. “Mr. Reed then squared up with an officer by bringing his fists up.”
Officers tackled Reed and cuffed him at the scene, Davidson said.
“He smelled of a strong odor of alcohol and appeared to be intoxicated,” Davidson said.
Reed, 30, was charged with simple assault and resisting arrest, both misdemeanor counts, as well as disorderly conduct and public intoxication. No court dates have been set.
Reed was released to a family member at the scene.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on