The only teammate that was with Ben Roethlisberger the night of the incident in Georgia was OL buddy Willie Colon. Today in the NY Daily News, Gary Myers writes that Colon claims he saw nothing strange about that night out on the town, and his QB is innocent:
It is believed Colon is the only Steeler who was with Roethlisberger last Thursday night when they stopped by several spots in Milledgeville, Ga., including Capital City, a popular club for college students and where the assault is alleged to have taken place.
Joe Linta, Colon’s agent, said yesterday that Colon was on the dance floor much of the evening and was not aware there was an issue until Roethlisberger’s group was detained on the way out. Linta said Colon and Roethlisberger are “pretty good friends.” It’s likely Colon will be on the list of eight people who will be questioned by the Milledgeville police or the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.
Regarding the alleged incident last week, Linta said Colon had no knowledge of anything “alleged or otherwise and his name need not be mentioned anymore. He didn’t know anything, didn’t see anything. He’s of no use or help to anybody.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on