You have to love a coach that will go the extra mile to get a player back, and it appears that Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau did just that to get Ryan Clark back with the team.
The Post Gazette has an interesting quote today from Clark, who says a phone call from both men went a long way from having him ink with the Miami Dolphins.
“It was always the situation that I wanted to be here. … I didn’t want to leave,” Clark said. “I think when it clicked for me, [when] I was in Miami, starting to talk contract money, and to have coach Tomlin call me and say, we’re going to fight for you. To have coach LeBeau call me and say, ‘I don’t have control over negotiation, but don’t let negotiations sour you to the point where you don’t understand that we want you here.’ That was big for me.”
You have to wonder in this day and age where business is business, how many coaches would have done that to try and get a player back. Sure Clark talked to the Fins, but at the end of the day, coming back to the black and gold was a good decision for him, and a decision that in the long run makes the Steelers a better team.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on