Just ran across this and thought it would make for some interesting talk the day before the draft. Seems that former Steeler All-Pro guard Alan Faneca is in danger of being let go by the Jets if they can’t find a trading partner for him.
Now just like most of you I saw a couple Jets games a season ago, but I didn’t hear nor watch Faneca all that closely to see if his skills have gone all that much backwards. In any case, here’s the tidbit on it:
The Jets have been quietly shopping Pro Bowl offensive guard Alan Faneca for several weeks, league sources said. If they can’t find a taker during the draft, the Jets could release the 32-year-old lineman and his $7.5 Million salary. Coach Rex Ryan, speaking Tuesday night to reporters, sidestepped questions on whether Faneca is in danger of being released or traded.
Sure he’s got a huge salary after he cashed in after leaving the Steelers a few years back, but man, it would be a welcome addition to an O-line that is still looking for help. What do you all think?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on