It appears that the earlier rumor of Matt Birk being traded from division rival Baltimore to the Steelers was nothing more than just a rumor:
Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN Radio Twin Cities released a Tweet earlier in the day that he had sources that Ravens center Matt Birk had been traded to the Steelers. After about an hour or so the rumor has been shot down by agent Joe Linta. Linta told Tim Yotter of Vikings update that the rumor was not true. The rumor made no sense because no way would the Ravens trade Birk in the division. Also the Ravens are thin at center and did not draft one this weekend. On the flip side the Steelers drafted Maurkice Pouncey this past weekend and veteran Justin Hartwig is penciled in as the starter following offseason shoulder surgery.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on