Today there’s been a lot of player movement with vets getting released (Chris Hovan, Adaluis Thomas, and John Hednerson are three already gone), and now there’s a rumor floating around concerning the Steelers and a trade. Steelers Depot is reporting via Twitter that the Steelers have acquired center Matt Birk.
Birk, who is currently with the Ravens, was the Vikings 6th round pick back in 1998, and has quietly had a very nice career with the two teams he’s been with. Now as far as this ‘deal’ goes, it makes no sense for the Ravens to make this deal, which is why at this point it is VERY unconfirmed.
He started all 16 games last season, and why the Ravens would do this would not really make much sense, so until we hear further, don’t get too excited.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on