Today, May 31, we celebrate the one who gave their life for our freedom. Today we celebrate Memorial Day 2010. Below you can read some of the most remembered and the best Memorial Day quotes to share the joy of this celebration and to pay the respect to those gone to protect our country.
You can share your own favorites Memorial Day quotes in the comments below. Happy Memorial Day!
For love of country they accepted death… – James A. Garfield
For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. – William Penn
The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. – William Havard
On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation! – Thomas William Parsons
We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them. – Francis A. Walker
The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem. – Aaron Kilbourn
Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours. – Wallace Bruce
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me. – Lee Greenwood
The brave die never, though they sleep in dust:
Their courage nerves a thousand living men. – Minot J. Savage
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on