Sporting News is out with their 6 non-playoff teams in 2009 that will be in the postseason in 2010. The Steelers are their second team on the list – here’s what they have to say:
Over the past decade or so, the Steelers have demonstrated an unusual trend. When expectations are high, they fail to meet them. When expectations are low, they surpass them.
This year, expectations have fallen, thanks to an extremely disappointing 2009 season that made them one of the three AFC teams that failed to get back after qualifying for the postseason in 2008. Coupled with the Ben Roethlisberger fiasco, Pittsburgh fans have prepared themselves even more thoroughly for a disappointing season.
But if the Steelers can weather the first four games of the season (or six if Roethsliberger’s suspension isn’t reduced), re-commit to the running game and keep safety Troy Polamalu healthy, they can get back to the postseason.
This is pretty much spot on with my feelings, as this team usually steps up when people don’t have them high on the radar. One big key will be the defense’s ability to bounce back after allowing way too many fourth quarter points. Here’s hoping the Sporting News is on with this prediction.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on