The Steelers new OT will be playing somewhat out of position, as Flozell Adams will take the spot on the right side of the line, putting Max Starks on the left:
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin met with reporters for the first time at training camp Friday and clarified the team’s plan for newly signed Flozell Adams. When the Steelers agreed to a two-year contract with Adams on Thursday, it was thought the move could cause some re-shuffling along the offensive line. But Tomlin said Friday that Adams will open the season at right tackle, along with rookie fifth-round draft pick Chris Scott, leaving Max Starks in place as the starting left tackle. Tomlin said he wanted to avoid making changes at two positions along the line. The Steelers lost starting RT Willie Colon to a season-ending Achilles’ tendon injury during offseason workouts.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on