Heat was the word of the day at training camp, as the Steelers took the field in one of the most grueling days of the summer, with the heat index over 100 degrees. The heat didn’t seem to bother coach Mike Tomlin. “We have some 1 p.m. kickoffs in September that will be challenging – in Nashville and Tampa – so we needed days like this to help with our preparation,” said Tomlin.
Linebacker James Harrison (sore shoulder) sat out for the third day in a row. “James Harrison still has a little shoulder discomfort. We expect him back tomorrow, but we’ll see,” Tomlin said.
Byron Leftwich was the starter with the first team offense, going 2-for-7 for 22 yards in a two-minute drill. Dennis Dixon was the second team QB, and in that same drill he went 4-of-11 for 42 yards.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on