Or at least his hair is.
The company has taken out a $1 million dollar insurance policy on the safeties hair to ensure his trademark locks won’t get damaged during the NFL season.
The company made the announcement Monday, noting that it was the first time in history that an insurance policy of this type had been ordered. According to a press release from Head & Shoulders, his hair is so thick that, end to end, it spans 1,100 football fields and can hold approximately 24,062 pounds.
“Head & Shoulders has gone above and beyond by insuring my Samoan locks for a cool $1 million dollars,” Polamalu said. “This reinforces that my full and thick hair is unstoppable.”
Polamalu became a spokesman for the company last year. He has not cut his hair in seven years.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on