The Steelers running back position seems to be in good order, with Issac Redman being behind Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore. Even with that, Pro Football Weekly suggests the team may look to ink a veteran back at some point this week.
A source close to the Steelers suggests the club could look at free-agent running backs to bolster their depth beyond starter Rashard Mendenhall. Veteran Mewelde Moore is slated to be Mendenhall’s backup, but the options beyond Moore are not as established or steady.
Redman led the team in rushing last year in preseason, but was released anyway. This preseason he also played well, and I would like to see what he could do in the regular season. To waste money on a veteran backup at this point to me would be a waste.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on