The Steelers running back position seems to be in good order, with Issac Redman being behind Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore. Even with that, Pro Football Weekly suggests the team may look to ink a veteran back at some point this week.
A source close to the Steelers suggests the club could look at free-agent running backs to bolster their depth beyond starter Rashard Mendenhall. Veteran Mewelde Moore is slated to be Mendenhall’s backup, but the options beyond Moore are not as established or steady.
Redman led the team in rushing last year in preseason, but was released anyway. This preseason he also played well, and I would like to see what he could do in the regular season. To waste money on a veteran backup at this point to me would be a waste.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on