WR Hines Ward became the first Steelers player to top 900 receptions and 11,000 yards receiving in his career, and also set a new team record with his 26th 100-yard game.
LT Max Starks likely will miss Sunday’s game in Tennessee with a high ankle sprain. He was replaced in the opener by Jonathan Scott.
CB William Gay, who did not have an interception in 2009 as a starter, dropped an interception in the opener Sunday as the nickel back.
WR Emmanuel Sanders, a third-round draft choice, was deep on some kickoff returns Sunday and returned the only one for the Steelers 23 yards. However, he never lined up on offense.
RB Isaac Redman was used in a two-back “pony” set, paired with Rashard Mendenhall, several times against the Falcons. That virtually disappeared from the Steelers’ playbook until this year.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on