First Dan Rooney. Now Hines Ward. President Barack Obama appointed Ward, the Pro Bowl receiver and Super Bowl XL MVP, to the President’s Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Ward, whose mother is Korean, has long been an advocate for biracial children. Rooney, the Steelers owner who supported Obama’s campaign, became Ambassador to Ireland in 2008.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on