To me the Ravens did have the better half, but the Steelers have to just get back to playing their game and getting more pressure on Joe Flacco in the next 30 minutes. With that, here’s my thoughts on the first half.
1. Not enough pressure on Flacco – The Steelers pass rush has not done enough to get to Flacco, and that is a credit as well to the Ravens O-line. Flacco was 13-for-20 for 145 yards and was sacked just one. The Steelers line and LB’s need to get to him more, and pressure him into a mistake or two in the second half.
2. TOP – When the Steelers are playing well, they win time of possession, but that hasn’t happened in the first 30 minutes. The Ravens have held the ball for 17:35 to just 12:25 for the Steelers, which is a big reason the Steelers are down. They need a few sustained drives to keep Flacco and co. off the field.
3. Trickery – Would love to see the Steelers offense cross up the Ravens with a trick play or two in the second half. Charlie Batch has been running more than usual in the first half, and it would be nice to see them try something to keep the Ravens D off the field.
4. Lift on special teams – This likely will be a close game, and with it, it could come down to a play on special teams. Here’s hoping the Steelers unit can do something in the second half to either create field position, or maybe to force a turnover or something to give the Steelers an edge.
Prediction – The black and gold just don’t seem to have the eye of the tiger today, and I don’t like it. The Ravens are playing better, are more crisp, and the big thing is they have held the ball for five minutes longer. The Ravens are going to send the Steelers to 3-1. Ravens 20 Steelers 13
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on