The Steelers, as one would think, have fallen a bit in one of the first power rankings out there, that being Peter King in his “Monday Morning QB” over on CNN/SI. Here’s the top five, with King putting the Steelers at three after most rankings had them at one last week.
1. Baltimore (3-1). Tough call, because there’s no clear number one, but the Ravens have beaten two of the top six or eight teams in football on the road (Steelers, Jets), and Joe Flacco, after struggling much of the first three weeks, made a huge throw to Houshmandzadeh to win this one.
2. New York Jets (3-1). Dustin Keller (19 catches, 254 yards, five TDs) is playing like the second-best tight end in football behind Antonio Gates. Well, at least he’s competitive for that mantel in the first quarter of the season, alongside Dallas Clark.
3. Pittsburgh (3-1). Ben Roethlisberger reports back to work this morning at the Steeler complex, and we can forget all the “Do they miss Ben?” stuff after the 210-yard performance against the Ravens Sunday.
4. Green Bay (3-1). I’m not sure the near-loss to Detroit is as bad a sign as you might think. The Lions are no longer an easy game for anyone. But the Green Bay offense is a worry. The Pack didn’t have an offensive scoring drive in the final 36 minutes of the game.
5. Atlanta (3-1). Got the great hustle play from Roddy White on Sunday for their second consecutive walk-off victory via field goal. Only loss this year was in overtime to Pittsburgh.
See Kings’ entire list HERE
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on