Ben Roethlisberger got a warm reception from Steeler fans both at training camp and during his first appearance during the preseason at Heinz Field.
The question about if he will be cheered or booed has once again come up with #7 getting set for his first game back after being suspended this Sunday.
While I can’t see Steeler Nation turning their back on their franchise QB, the question was brought up to Mike Tomlin during his Tuesday press conference.
“I expect him to get a warm reception. I really do,” Tomlin said. “I really think that’s the nature of Steelers Nation. I know we’re excited about having him back. I know he’s excited about getting back with his teammates and performing for our fans at Heinz Field.”
About the only negative reaction that Ben has gotten anywhere so far was in Denver in the teams third preseason game, as Bronco fans booed him. You would think he will get jeered on the road this season, but the way Steeler Nation travels, you never know.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on