Ben Roethlisberger got a warm reception from Steeler fans both at training camp and during his first appearance during the preseason at Heinz Field.
The question about if he will be cheered or booed has once again come up with #7 getting set for his first game back after being suspended this Sunday.
While I can’t see Steeler Nation turning their back on their franchise QB, the question was brought up to Mike Tomlin during his Tuesday press conference.
“I expect him to get a warm reception. I really do,” Tomlin said. “I really think that’s the nature of Steelers Nation. I know we’re excited about having him back. I know he’s excited about getting back with his teammates and performing for our fans at Heinz Field.”
About the only negative reaction that Ben has gotten anywhere so far was in Denver in the teams third preseason game, as Bronco fans booed him. You would think he will get jeered on the road this season, but the way Steeler Nation travels, you never know.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on