It’s another lost season for Steelers DE Aaron Smith.
For the third time in four seasons the Steelers defense will have to play without Smith, who against the Dolphins Sunday toe a triceps muscle in his left arm. He is out for the season, leaving his role on the D-line to Eason and former first-round pick “Ziggy” Hood.
Smith missed 11 games last season with a knee injury and a rotator cuff injury and his 2007 season ended with a torn biceps, both to his right arm.
James Farrior knows how big the injury to Smith it, and how much it could set back the teams defense.
“It’s heartbreaking to see a guy work so hard to get back and have an injury like this,” Farrior said. “I know he’s devastated, I’m devastated and I’m sure everybody else is. To see a guy come out and just do everything right and get himself back to where he needs to be and have something like this happens is definitely frustrating.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on