A report from Pittsburgh suggests that star safety Troy Polamalu could miss his team’s final three games of the regular season, making sure that he’s as close to as 100 percent as possible for the postseason.
If the Steelers can win their final three games, they will wrap up at least the #2 seed in the AFC, meaning they won’t play a home game till January 15th or 16th, almost a month from now.
Polamalu re-injured his leg injury last Sunday during a win over the Bengals. He didn’t miss a play in the contest, and ended the game with two interceptions and was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
The problem, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, is a strained right Achilles tendon. A source told the newspaper Polamalu’s return could depend on the team’s playoff seeding.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on