A report from Pittsburgh suggests that star safety Troy Polamalu could miss his team’s final three games of the regular season, making sure that he’s as close to as 100 percent as possible for the postseason.
If the Steelers can win their final three games, they will wrap up at least the #2 seed in the AFC, meaning they won’t play a home game till January 15th or 16th, almost a month from now.
Polamalu re-injured his leg injury last Sunday during a win over the Bengals. He didn’t miss a play in the contest, and ended the game with two interceptions and was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
The problem, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, is a strained right Achilles tendon. A source told the newspaper Polamalu’s return could depend on the team’s playoff seeding.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on