It appears that LB coach Keith Butler is staying put.
The Steelers have confirmed they have turned down a request from the Cardinals to interview Butler for their defensive coordinator position. Another Steelers coordinator, secondary coach Ray Horton, will talk today to Arizona about the same position.
The Post-Gazette reports that the Cardinals sought permission from team president Art Rooney II, two days after the Steeler Super Bowl XLV loss, but the request was denied because Butler signed a new contract after the 2009 season with the understanding he would be the Steelers’ defensive coordinator when Dick LeBeau retires, whenever that is.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on