A couple Steelers wide outs, one a vet and the other a rookie, will both undergo surgery just after the team lost in their quest for a 7th Super Bowl title.
Veteran WR Hines Ward and rookie Emmanuel Sanders will both have surgeries. Ward, who caught a TD in the 31-25 Super Bowl loss, will have cartilage damage cleaned up in his knee, an injury that effected him all season, and also have ligament damage repaired in his thumb.
Sanders, who suffered a small break in his foot during the Super Bowl, will have surgery to repair the break. Word is Sanders is expected to be ready in time for training camp but could miss OTAs — if a labor agreement is reached and they occur.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on