Ravens Gab editor Matt Jergensen caught my eye today with this piece about LaMarr Woodley talking smack about Joe Flacco and how he is “never” going to win a Super Bowl. Even Ravens Gab knows the Steelers own the Ravens in big games.
The lockout may still be on but that doesn’t mean that Lamarr Woodley is keeping quiet. After appearing on the NFL Network he stated that Joe Flacco would never win a Super Bowl“in this lifetime” mainly because he has to go through the Steelers to get to win the AFC championship.
I’m never one to agree with a Steeler but Flacco is 2-6 lifetime against Pittsburgh including two playoff losses. It’s one area that has to improve for him to take the “next step” in the leading Baltimore on a championship run. Woodley also has been a tough man to check in the past and has registered 7.5 sacks in 8 games against the Ravens. So while I don’t appreciate the trash talk he’s been able to back it up – for now. Weather he can keep that promise throughout his career is another story.
Just some more fuel to the fire as hopefully the two teams will open the season at M & T Bank on September 11th.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on