The Post-Gazette has a comment from Ryan Tollner, the agent for Big Ben, who claims that there’s no news about the QB’s foot, which reportedly might need surgery. Tollner goes so far as to say that the foot is fine and that the QB is “feeling great.”
Ryan Tollner, the agent for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, said there is nothing new concerning the foot injury his client sustained last season.
The Post-Gazette reported in February that the foot would not require surgery “as of now.” Roethlisberger was quoted last week in a story saying the foot might require surgery in the future. Some national wire services picked up on the story and assumed there was some “new” news in there.
Tollner said, in fact, there is nothing new. “There’s nothing new there,” Tollner said. “The doctors elected not to do surgery and to let it heal. If it ever got worse, they might have to do something. Ben is kind of surprised that it’s getting the attention. He hopes and expects never to have surgery on it. The foot was feeling better after the season, with the extra time this offseason, it’s feeling great.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on